Oct 19, 2018
LTCH Quality Measure Reports
Measure Removed and Updates to the Functional Outcome Measures Display
Effective October 22, 2018
The Confidential Feedback Reports, also referred to as the Facility-Level and Patient-Level Quality Measure (QM) reports have been updated to remove a quality measure. These on-demand, user-requested reports, are available via the Certification And Survey Provider Enhanced Reports (CASPER) Reporting System. These reports can be used to provide feedback to help providers identify data errors and improve quality of care. They are intended to be used for internal purposes only and not for public display.
Claims-based quality measure removed from the Facility-Level QM report:
For the measure listed below, the report labels “Crude Readmission Rate” and “National Crude Readmission Rate” were revised to “Observed Readmission Rate” and “National Observed Readmission Rate”:
- Potentially Preventable 30-Day Post-Discharge Readmission Measure for Long-Term Care Hospital Quality Reporting Program
Please note that CDC NHSN and claims-based quality measures are not included on the patient-level QM reports.
To learn more about the QM reports, please refer to the following:
- May 2018 LTCH QRP Post-Training Materials for public reporting and overview of quality program reports on the LTCH QRP website: Please click here to access video recordings of presentations.
- CASPER Reporting User’s Guide, Section 4 (LTCH Quality Reporting Program). The updated user’s guide is available in the following locations:
- Welcome to the CMS QIES Systems for Providers webpage
- Long Term Care Hospital (LTCH) Providers Reference/Manuals webpage on the QIES Technical Support Office (QTSO) website: https://qtso.cms.gov/providers/long-term-care-hospital-ltch-providers/reference-manuals
If you have questions about the information contained in your report, please contact the
LTCH QRP Help Desk: LTCHQualityQuestions@cms.hhs.gov