Mar 12, 2019
IRF users were notified by CMS on Friday, March 8, that the Review and Correct report in the ‘IRF Quality Reporting Program ‘ category in the CASPER Reporting application would be unavailable while enhancements were being applied to the report. This report is now available and contains the following enhancements:
• The addition of two new measures starting April 1, 2019:
-Changes in Skin Integrity Post-Acute Care: Pressure Ulcer/Injury.
-Drug Regimen Review Conducted with Follow-Up for Identified Issues – PAC IRF QRP.
• The removal of two measures:
-The Percent of Residents or Patients Who Were Assessed and Appropriately Given the Seasonal Influenza Vaccine (Short Stay) (NQF #0680) measure will no longer display on the IRF R&C Report starting with the Q4 2019 selection. The measure will continue to display with dashes in place of the measure results from Q3 2018 through Q2 2019.
-The Percent of Residents or Patients with Pressure Ulcers That Are New or Worsened (Short Stay)’ (NQF #0678) measure will no longer display on the IRF R&C Report starting with the Q4 2018 selection.
• Changes to fields in the report header to provide clarity to the providers
• The addition of Patient-Level data will now display with the Facility-Level data results.
-A .csv file output will be available for the Patient-Level data
• The Patient-Level and Facility-Level data will have new filter/sorting functionality within the CASPER Report Submit screen to customize the reporting results.
For more information on the Patient-Level data and new functionality options, refer to the ‘IRF Quality Reporting Program’ section of the CASPER Reporting User’s Manual. Additional quality measure information can be obtained by reviewing the IRF Quality Reporting Program Measure Calculations and Reporting User’s Manual v3.0
If you have questions concerning this information, please contact the QTSO Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 (800) 339-9313.