Nov 29, 2022
As previously announced, CMS is preparing to release the Internet-facing, cloud-based system, referred to as the Internet Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (iQIES) for Minimum Data Set (MDS) submission, in early 2023.
Although the MDS submission functionality will not be available immediately, we strongly encourage users to request access to iQIES as soon as possible, as doing so will allow for a smoother transition prior to the go live date. To gain access to the iQIES system, all users must create an account and establish credentials in the HCQIS Access Roles and Profile (HARP) system, which is a secure identity management portal provided by CMS.
Register for iQIES Access
To receive access to iQIES, please complete the following steps below.
***IMPORTANT: If your organization has not yet identified and registered a Provider Security Official (PSO), you will not be able to complete a user role request. At a minimum, at least one PSO needs to be registered for each provider, but CMS highly recommends at least two PSOs are designated so there is a higher likelihood someone will be available to approve/reject iQIES access requests. The PSO must work for the provider and cannot be a vendor.***
- Create an account in the HARP system using your corporate email address* at: https://harp.cms.gov/register. Note: HARP User IDs cannot be adjusted. As such, please refrain from using facility names or any special characters (such as # or &) when creating the HARP User ID. *If the facility handles 2 or fewer providers and does not have a corporate email domain, a personal email address may be used.
- Access iQIES at: https://iqies.cms.gov/ and log in with your HARP credentials (completed in step 1) to complete the process to request your User Role for your specific provider CMS Certification Number (CCN).
- Once the user role request has been submitted AND approved by the PSO, you will receive notification via email informing you that your iQIES account access request has been approved.
For more information on HARP or iQIES, please refer to the following resources:
- Fact sheet on HARP Identity Proofing: https://qtso.cms.gov/news-and-updates/remote-identify-proofing-requirements-internet-quality-improvement-evaluation
- FAQs related to HARP: https://harp.cms.gov/login/help
- iQIES Getting Started Overview: https://iqies.cms.gov/iqies/help
- iQIES Onboarding Guide for step-by-step instructions to request a user role: https://qtso.cms.gov/software/iqies/reference-manuals
- iQIES User Role Matrix for a listing of user category descriptions and role privileges: https://qtso.cms.gov/software/iqies/reference-manuals
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact the iQIES Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (800) 339-9313.